Let’s Move Forward In Our Journey Together.
We are excited to present our first
Virtual Fall 2020 CSAVR Conference
integrating live and recorded sessions led by respected leaders in our field and some amazing special guests.
- Mark Schultz
- Steve Wooderson
- Allison Flanagan
- John Connelly
- Vince Carter
- Susan Chandek
- Melissa Diehl
- David Doukas
- Muttasim Fadl
- Holly Hendricks
- Christine Johnson
- Felicia W. Johnson
- Kevin Koziol
- David Leon
- David Mitchell
- Lydia Mitchell
- Delora Newton
- Lisa B. Niegel
- Keith Ozols
- Carol N. Pankow
- DJ Ralston
- Brenda Simmons
- Cynthia Speight
- Greg Trapp
- David Wayte
- Joe Xavier
What can we expect at this Virtual Conference?
The public Vocational Rehabilitation program is 100 years old this year!
The year 2020 has been one like no other, and we have structured this 5-day event in response to our current national environment.
Our agenda is driven by our Vision 2020 objectives, primarily our first objective which is:
Innovating Solutions to achieve greater access to and use of vocational rehabilitation services.
Our dynamic keynote speakers will challenge your thinking, create new ways of looking at current events, and without a doubt, trigger a chuckle or two. In more than 20 sessions, we will hear updates from our federal partners, business leaders and experts in mental health and employment practice.
We will celebrate Veterans Day together while hearing partners from the VA.
And, plans for a virtual “happy hour” are underway to provide us with a brief escape and period of camaraderie and fellowship.
Session topics include:
- Celebrating 100 years of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Implicit Bias in Mental Health
- Transition Motivation During a Time of Crisis
- Discretionary Grant Update
- Ask RSA
- Other Measures that Matter
- The Future of Monitoring
- A Salute to and Recognition of Veterans
- VR&E AND VR – Partnership Serving Mutual Customers
- Recognition of CSAVR Veterans
- CVS Initiative on Diversity and Inclusion in Hiring Practices
- Independent Living under WIOA and the Future for Collaboration
- Lessons from Fiscal Monitoring
- From CIA to Executive: How Vocational Rehabilitation Set Me on The Path to Success
- CSAVR Business Meeting
- And much more!
Join us as we will celebrate, educate and inspire those who join us for our first ever virtual conference!
What is the CSAVR Leadership Forum?
The focus of our 2020 Forum is: CSAVR’s Vision 2020 – from Vision to implementation.
This CSAVR Leadership Forum is framed within our Vision 2020. We will discuss topics that are complementary to those on the CSAVR Fall Conference agenda and are challenging State VR Agencies and their senior leadership as they respond to the expectations of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, the ever changing landscapes in our respective States, Territories, and the District of Columbia, and COVID 19.
Our goal is to strengthen our leadership by the sharing of strategies to ensure the relevancy and strength of our organizations as we continue to move forward into the next 100 years.
Vision 2020 is framed by CSAVR’s stated commitment: VR is driven by a commitment to people with disabilities and businesses at the intersection of ability and the demand for talent. It’s guiding principles are:
- Principle #1: Innovating Solutions to achieve greater access to and use of vocational rehabilitation services. Our goal is to achieve the most effective outcomes for our customers.
- Principle #2: Building careers and retaining talent in America’s workforce by investing expertise and resources to benefit our customers.
- Principle #3: Customizing Services and Expertise that provide flexible supports and services. We accomplish this through specialized strategies to meet the workforce goals of our customers.
- Principle #4: Leading and Engaging in Collaborative Strategies with our partners who are working with us to achieve greater collective impact at all system levels (national, state, and local).
What are you doing to make this conference accessible?
Ensuring everyone has an engaging, accessible experience is our top priority. All sessions will include captioning and American Sign Language (ASL) options available to all participants. These features will also be included in the recorded sessions available after the completion of the conference.
Will CRCs be available?
CRC is easy as 1, 2, 3 this year thanks to the VR Development Group (VRDG). Upon completion of most of the conference sessions, you will be directed to a survey related to the session. Once the session is completed, you can immediately download either a CRC (Commission on Rehabilitation Counseling certificate or a general certificate of completion.
How can I best prepare to have a great experience?
Once you complete your registration, we will provide you with pre-conference materials to help you prepare for the conference. These materials will include information on how to access the conference sessions, viewing options for captioning and American Sign Language (ASL) and troubleshooting any technical issues.
Will these sessions be recorded and available after the conference?
Yes! All of the sessions (including those pre-recorded) will be available for viewing after the conference. Once you complete your registration, you will receive information re: how to access all of the pre-conference, conference and post-conference materials.